Conqur Endurance Group, in partnership with the Rose Bowl Operating Company, Pasadena Chamber of Commerce and PIHRA (Professionals in Human Resources Association) are pleased to introduce the Pasadena Half Marathon & 5K Corporate Challenge.
The Corporate Challenge provides Pasadena businesses the opportunity to promote workplace wellness, build camaraderie and create friendly competition amongst other businesses. Regardless of size of the organization, companies are encouraged to sign up corporate teams to participate in either the Half Marathon or 5K where the participating teams will compete for bragging rights and a host of cool prizes.
In 2018, the Pasadena Half Marathon and 5K at the Rose Bowl will take place on Sunday, January 21st.
- Group registration
- Group packet pick-up
- Recognition on Pasadena Half Marathon & 5K at the Rose Bowl website
- Exclusive 5K and Half Marathon training plans
- Designated hospitality area for participants before and after the race within the Rose Bowl Concourse
- Discounted Health & Fitness Expo booth
- Designated corporate challenge cheer station in stands
- Team competition with related size companies
- Improved employee fitness and workplace wellness (resulting in fewer sick days)
- Positive recognition in the local community
- Fun and friendly competition with other local companies
A team consists of a minimum of 5 runners. Employees may register immediate family members as team members, who will count towards the minimum of 5 runners.
To create a level playing field, we’re creating three classes (tiers) based on number of runners (employees and immediate family members) registered to run for the company:
Class 1: Teams with 5 - 20 runners
Class 2: Teams with 21 - 40 runners
Class 3: Teams with more than 41 runners
- Participants who complete the half marathon will earn 13 points towards the team total
- Participants who complete the 5K will earn 5 points towards the team total
- Once all points have been tallied, the team point total will be divided by the number of runners on the team to determine the team’s score
- A team with 18 team members has 7 runners complete the half marathon and 11 runners complete the 5K will earn 146 points [(7 x 13) + (11 x 5)]. The team score is 8.11 [146 points divided by 18]
- A team with 18 team members has 3 runners complete the half marathon and 15 runners complete the 5K will earn 114 points [(3 x 13) + (15 x 5)]. The team score is 6.33 [114 points divided by 18]
- A team with 7 team members has 2 runners complete the half marathon and 5 runners complete the 5K will earn 51 points [(2 x 13) + (5 x 5)]. The team score is 7.85 [51 points divided by 7]
- A team with 7 team members has 5 runners complete the half marathon and 2 runners complete the 5K will earn 75 points [(5 x 13) + (2 x 5)]. The team score is 10.71 [75 points divided by 7]
In case of a tie, the winner in the class will be the team with the lowest collective time.
Prizes in each of the three classes:
- 2nd Runner Up
Prizes will include wandering trophies for the class winners and special experiences at the Rose Bowl. The three winning teams and runner-up’s will be recognized in Pasadena Magazine and at a Pasadena Chamber of Commerce function.